close

March 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

advantages of SlickStack vs. Runcloud for servers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Randy

I’ve been pretty happy using Runcloud for my DigitalOcean cloud servers, and pricing is rather affordable but some of the limits have me questioning if it’s time for me to manage my servers directly or keep using a paid platform.

What do you guys say is the advantage to using SlickStack etc? Thanks 😀

#4502 Reply
    Keith

Here is from their pricing page:

$15/mo
    ​​Everything in Basic
    Unlimited servers
    Unlimited web applications
    10GB Backup Storage
    10 WordPress staging
    Clone web application
    Custom NGINX Configuration
    6G and 7G Firewall

https://runcloud.io/pricing

#4503 Reply
    Cynthia

well that’s the big difference I guess you already found, SlickStack is free and open source on GitHub so you can’t beat the pricing!

#4504 Reply
    Willie

some of the limits have me questioning

I mean, don’t you think it’s strange that a third-party app like Runcloud tells you that you can only backup 10GB of website data, regardless of how many web servers you are paying for? That is just ridiculous IMO

If you login DigitalOcean.com you can setup automatic backups for $1/month for every server and that’s just for starters.

I’ve also never tried Runcloud’s staging site feature, and I don’t know if it’s amazing or something but there are plenty of free ways to launch staging sites. SlickStack has built-in staging subdomains, but you can also use plugins like WP Staging so I’m not sure exactly what Runcloud’s staging site feature is offering that is so special?

#4505 Reply
    Ronald

“Cloud web application” that’s also free on DigitalOcean, you can take snapshots or images of any server and even move it between datacenters and cities.

#4506 Reply
    Alexis

You have to pay $45/mo on Runcloud for “team collaboration” and again that’s free on DigitalOcean if you login directly. However, I do think this feature is valuable for other cloud providers like AWS or Vultr which do not currently offer team sharing, so that feature could be useful for some companies who need easier access.

Runcloud is yet another platform that offers “Cloudflare integration” on that premium plan also, and it boggles the mind why any skilled web developer would want a third-party to have control over their Cloudflare DNS….

#4507 Reply
    Brittany
    #4508 Reply
    Maria

yah the Cloudflare thing is funny… most of these trendy web hosting providers, even WP Engine or Kinsta were trash talking Cloudflare just a few years ago and now all of them are suddenly bragging about integration lmao

back in the day DigitalOcean was the only ones using Cloudflare.

#4509 Reply
    Ronald

Runcloud is increasingly targeting noobs lets be honest

#4512 Reply
    Lauren

Runcloud homepage and UI is very beautiful and user friendly, that is benefit for some guys who never want to learn about SSH and bash commands 😁

#4513 Reply
    Steven

GUI is why most people stick with Runcloud

Alternatives to Runcloud.io from webhosting

CLI is like enlightenment after you experienced it, you will never go back.

#4527 Reply
    Randy

Runcloud has always been very transparent and honest from what I’ve seen. They deserve to be the market leader in the ServerPilot copycat platforms…. some of other ones are a little shady

#4809 Reply
    Teresa

CLI ftw… anything more is bloat

#5124 Reply
    Eric

the funny topics ever people who want cheaper than Runcloud but never tried to use open source script like ss lol

https://www.blackhatworld.com/seo/any-cheap-runcloud-or-cloudways-alternative.1323707/

#6394 Reply
    Elijah
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Reply #4513 in advantages of SlickStack vs. Runcloud for servers?

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!