close

March 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Most frustrating thing about SlickStack in your opinion?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Judith

Please vent… what is the most annoying thing or difficult thing about SlickStack? you can let us know anonymously here if you don’t want to say it elsewhere.

#3110 Reply
    Evelyn

The fact that doesn’t allow multi wp instances.

#3371 Reply
    Nancy
    #3372 Reply
    Justin

ss-install not working smoothly yet for brand new SlickStack servers.

#3542 Reply
    Gloria

ss-install not working smoothly yet for brand new SlickStack servers.

FYI one patch was recently made that improves this, because PHP-FPM was being “restarted” instead of “reloaded” which is now fixed:

https://github.com/littlebizzy/slickstack/blob/master/bash/ss-restart-php.txt

#4101 Reply
    Alan

worst part is no ice cream tbh

FOSS with incredible speed and SEO benefits… meh 😝

#4106 Reply
    Andrew

why don’t you support WP Rocket

How to use WP Rocket plugin with SlickStack?

#4160 Reply
    Jean

The plugin blacklist is frustrating for some people.

#4203 Reply
    Edward

The fact that LittleBizzy/Slickstack is going from a free speech champion (it even says so in the footer here) to an overarching control freak who is now planning to override the blacklist feature. What is the point in adding a plugin blacklist if you are just going to ignore it?

Look, I get the hatred that Yoast / WP SEO gets, I really do. But I have heavily customized my hooks around it and I cannot ditch it now. I chose not to add it to my plugin blacklist when I install Slickstack, and that should be enough.

Now I login and see that you’re going to disable it anyway for me from July 2023… WTF. If you do, I will try to comment out that part of your code, and if I cannot then I will switch to another provider.

The thing about free speech is it goes both ways. Please stop trying to force me to change plugins because you have a vendetta against it. The constant nagging about donating and writing a review on Capterra is bad enough, but I ignored it because I get why you do it. But please, stop trying to enforce your views on me.

#4204 Reply
    Carolyn

What is the point in adding a plugin blacklist if you are just going to ignore it?

This isn’t true, the plugin blacklist has been optional for a very long time and still is optional

Look, I get the hatred that Yoast / WP SEO gets, I really do. But I have heavily customized my hooks around it and I cannot ditch it now.

Also not true, you can change to a better SEO approach if you wanted to, nothing is impossible

The constant nagging about donating and writing a review on Capterra is bad enough

So, have you donated yet? Don’t leave us hanging! 🙃

#4205 Reply
    Sarah

FYI Yoast Premium is blacklisted by default, but not the free Yoast:

Request a WordPress plugin be removed from blacklist

#4220 Reply
    Joyce

I think @Edward is talking about the warning message in WP Admin for plugins listed on the “Future Blacklist” section. Yoast has been on that list for a few years now, but it’s never actually be blacklisted, the purpose is trying to get users to change to a better SEO plugin that doesn’t have spam and spyware and poor coding.

#4368 Reply
    Julie

Yes, this worried me too. So to confirm, is slickstack going to completely remove / blacklist Yoast in July?

If it’s been on the blacklist for a while then why is this message showing only now?

I am using Yoast (free) and have just built a few things that tie into their API. Please give us an option to continue using it?!

#4371 Reply
    Justin

Yoast is not being force deleted, it’s on the “future” blacklist which means it maybe blacklisted in the future for sites who have the plugin blacklist enabled… if you have more questions about this please start a new thread.

#4372 Reply
    Kyle

I like SlickStack. very lightweight

#4406 Reply
    Andrew
    #4454 Reply
    Michelle

Anyone who uses Rank Math or Yoast SEO I mean, sorry but you kind of expose yourself as being sort of clueless about best practice lol

SlickStack tries to teach you better ways and you scream and cry.

#5223 Reply
    Randy

Honestly, documentation!

#5229 Reply
    Kelly

Docs do suck tbh

and we are still waiting on the search bar for Docs 😂

#5625 Reply
    Elijah

Okay folks… the docs are now searchable:

https://slickstack.io/docs

Articles are still outdated, that will be addressed soon, but baby steps! In case anyone is interested, this docs portal and search bar is supported natively in our free HoverCraft theme for WordPress, if you want to copy it.

#7250 Reply
    Dennis

Hi there,

I was hoping to handle my own SSL with a reverse proxy (similar to Cloudflare but not the same).

I want to SKIP and never do lets-encrypt.

I set “SSL_TYPE” to “openssl” and then I set “INTERVAL_SS_ENCRYPT_CERTBOT” to “never”

but it still tries to make a lets encrypt cert. All I want is a local self-signed cert on the actual web server. I will handle SSL separately.

Is there another setting I should turn off to allow this?

Thanks!

#7270 Reply
    Richard

@Dennis please avoid thread jacking and start a new thread

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Reply #4204 in Most frustrating thing about SlickStack in your opinion?

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!