close

March 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Not impressed with Dedipath first experience

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jean

spun up a server, never received the activation information so I figured since I was a new account they wanted to manually review my profile first.

NOPE

all their emails were sitting in spam, because they don’t have any SPF/etc records setup and all their messages route via AWS SES

basic easy stuff

#3769 Reply
    Kathryn

later I reached out to their support chat… very slow and unhelpful reply from a dude in India

reached out 2 more times the next day with zero response from them.. weird

#3770 Reply
    Scott

basic SolusVM panel, s****y outsourced support, insecure email

seems their execs DGAF

#3771 Reply
    Kayla

https://easydmarc.com/tools/domain-scanner?referred_landing=false&domain=dedipath.com

v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all

SPF for Google but their email routing is via SES? these guys either DGAF or don’t know much about websec.

#3785 Reply
    Walter

idk what’s going on with DediPath but they posted Marketing Director jobs multiple times the past few years on Web Hosting Talk

maybe they gave up and decided some ads was enough?

#3786 Reply
    Amber
    #3823 Reply
    Frank

idk they could be overwhelmed from the holiday sales right now… not an excuse for some things but it could explain it.

before they were known for pretty decent support

#3824 Reply
    Amy

Comments on this LEB post say the same things:

DediPath’s High-Bandwidth World: Your Cheap VPS or Dedi Runs on DDoS-Protected 1tbps Fabric

Terrible support with “robot” chat and overseas agents logging into their servers, also several issues with the ISO images and having to reinstall multiple times.

These comments were in 2022.

Maybe they are just growing too fast lately.

Here is from 2021 saying the support was great and my favorite part:

Recently, I received a false abuse report from someone claiming to be Hetzner. Firstly, it was forwarded to me, without my service being suspended or terminated. Secondly, after confirming that the report was not valid, I contacted support, and they confirmed this and removed the report from my account in under 2 hours. I really appreciate their response in this situation.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/172783/dedipath-vps-review-exceptional-support

#3837 Reply
    Russell

I will say that’s a pretty wonderful way for a host to respond to abuse complaints.. assume they are fake or spiteful before anything else.

💯

#3882 Reply
    Bryan
    #4141 Reply
    Alexis

I sent them an email a few days ago and they responded back and fixed my issue within like 30 minutes, it was pretty impressive.

I think they just need to disable that stupid robot chat thing.

Seems they only deal with the ticket system.

#4142 Reply
    Ryan

I will say that’s a pretty wonderful way for a host to respond to abuse complaints.. assume they are fake or spiteful before anything else.

Yah… you know who doesn’t do that? Hostwinds, and Ramnode… both of them will just disable your server without notice.

#7511 Reply
    Mason

Ramnode are totally snobs. Lucky that they got acquired

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Reply #3769 in Not impressed with Dedipath first experience

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!