close

March 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Rank Math SEO kills rankings from fake 404 errors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Willie

I saw your other topic about Rank Math.

Yah their code is incredibly bad and unstable, I had issues with XML sitemap and then discovered an even worst story

Rank Math Killed Indexing and Cost Me A Client

#3845 Reply
    Gloria

Imagine an SEO plugin with fancy marketing, making so many promises, and guess what? Their code is so bad it will generate fake 404 errors in Google Webmasters portal for your XML sitemap and destroy your entire traffic.

#3846 Reply
    Bruce

yikes.

#3847 Reply
    Kyle

I kinda assumed “smart” people realized Rank Math was crap and didn’t install it, never realized any SEO consultants fell for it lol

#3856 Reply
    Andrew

How do you know this is true?

#3857 Reply
    Natalie

remember when Rank Math broke the entire WordPress post editor?

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/rank-math-create-a-critical-problem-for-my-website/

#3859 Reply
    Edward

they were also caught adding noindex tags to sites if Rank Math plugin detected that Yoast SEO plugin was active

Rank Math adds noindex tag into robots.txt when you intentionally use 2 plugins. I would using it together with Yoast (some extra features) but it looks like Creators do not want any competitors :). I have to delete, be careful about your positions! I lost about 25 pages for a while (alerts from Search Console).

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/killed-seo-2/

#3909 Reply
    Patricia

wow sounds like fun!

#3910 Reply
    Lori

404’ing your entire website is a Rank Math premium feature

https://community.localwp.com/t/rank-math-seo-plugin-causes-404-error-on-all-local-websites/33914

I installed the Rank Math SEO plugin on a test installation and named that site: plugin-test”.
    Now every new site that I try to setup is getting redirected to a 404 error page.
    The log file shows that Rank Math is trying to load on sites where it’s not even installed. I uninstalled Rank Math from the initial test site, but the problem still persists.

#4028 Reply
    Diana

Their plugin is a shitshow, do not use it.

#4029 Reply
    Madison

Imagine an SEO plugin with fancy marketing, making so many promises, and guess what? Their code is so bad it will generate fake 404 errors in Google Webmasters portal for your XML sitemap and destroy your entire traffic.

And they will blame Cloudflare for it! LOL

https://community.cloudflare.com/t/getting-404-error-for-homepage-from-rank-math-report/303311

#4059 Reply
    Madison

I’ve had far better success using RankMath over Bloatware Yoast. Maybe it’s not the best but I’d like to think that it’s a top 4 best option because of it’s versatility. Shady practices might be sneaky or whatever but at the end of the day it’s still a solid plugin in my opinion.

It’s been over a year, or maybe two, since I last looked into SEO Framework and SEOPress but maybe it’s time to check back in with those guys and see how nicely they’ve become. I’ve always been a sucker for a small plugin and minimal bloat / notification nags and I remember both of them being similar to RankMath.

@Madison – CloudFlare tops everyone by a couple of miles in having shady & shaky past stuff.

p.s. – i’ve always had a good impression with the rankmath forums and reading over the help articles / blog.

#5078 Reply
    Edward

lol @ Cloudflare being shadier than Rank Math spammers

lmao @ Yoast or Rank Math being not bloated, they are both some of the most bloated spyware and codebase in the history of WordPress plugins, probably because Rank Math stole their code from Yoast anyway 😭

#5080 Reply
    Abigail

I guess the risk vs. reward for SEO plugins is questionable at best.

Mostly just a scam

#5962 Reply
    Amber
    #10441 Reply
    Ethan
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Reply #3847 in Rank Math SEO kills rankings from fake 404 errors

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!