close

March 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

what is the main difference between SlickStack and WordOps

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Douglas

Hi, for someone who is trying to learn how to setup their own servers and get away from control panel shared hosting, why choose SlickStack or why choose WordOps? thx

#3134 Reply
    Denise

you might want to start here:

SlickStack Vs. WordOps (Alternative)

#3137 Reply
    Alice

I’m not sure what the MAIN difference might be, probably that WordOps has a UI and SlickStack is purely CLI / shell based.

Also I think WordOps supports multiple single-site installs per server, SS does not.

#3199 Reply
    Margaret

Also I think WordOps supports multiple single-site installs per server, SS does not.

does WordOps have automated setup sorta like SS?

#3523 Reply
    Danielle

No I don’t think WordOps is fully automated like SS, you will have to learn their commands and then install the type of “sites” you want on the WordOps server.

WO is better for devs who want more control and customization of the server, SS is more hardcoded and not meant to be super customized.

#3524 Reply
    Frank

SS is more “set-and-forget” philosophy

#3706 Reply
    Wayne

who made SlickStack?

#3707 Reply
    Julie

who made SlickStack?

LittleBizzy 😉

https://www.littlebizzy.com/slickstack

#3852 Reply
    Kyle

SlickStack defaults to using self-signed OpenSSL certs (since Cloudflare SSL proxy is assumed), and Let’s Encrypt is optional via Certbot… but I think WordOps uses only Let’s Encrypt and the ACME client?

https://github.com/acmesh-official/acme.sh

At least, last time I checked.

#4058 Reply
    Zachary

I think the big reason you’d want to choose WordOps over SlickStack is for the control panel and different linux operating system… and perhaps you align better with that community.

It seems to me that LittleBizzy is a (good) rebel more or less and some people might be soft pretzels and not like that so they’d steer away from, perhaps, a superior service. I think you just gotta ask yourself what exactly it is you want from a WordPress stack. If I had to rank things, it goes something like this:

WP2Static > CMM = SlickStack > WordOps > ServerPilot + rest of the gang…

p.s. – it’s kinda awesome that you can see the footer “Compare SlickStack” and basically see everything available and with that kind of transparency you are probably safe and best-off using SlickStack… why does nobody else do that? makes me wonder.

#4568 Reply
    Henry

because WordPress community has become so political and divided into ethnic tribes, you have the Indian scam gangs, the white liberal snobs, the affiliate link douchebags, the quiet backend engineers, the newbie mom bloggers and such.

everyone will recommend only products from their tribe and affiliate program

#4582 Reply
    Keith
    #5185 Reply
    Marilyn

If you absolutely require a UI then use WordOps. But remember that UI requires more code maintenance and security precautions.

#5186 Reply
    Lori

“everyone will recommend only products from their tribe and affiliate program”

move this discussion to here

why is there so much tribalism in WordPress community

#5772 Reply
    Gerald

I don’t know what is better. Depends on each case. But, lol, imagine not using the better open source software for your case because you’re such a pussy you can’t handle a company (LittleBizzy) that publicly criticizes your favorite grifters.

Must be an American thing, i can’t comprehend this

#6373 Reply
    Arthur

2020 blog post saying SS was janky install. Probs true.

Much improved now.

Self-hosting WordPress: Looking at WordOps vs SlickStack

#7906 Reply
    Adam

Wordops has more GitHub stars than Slickstack #facts

#7907 Reply
    Isabella
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Reply #3134 in what is the main difference between SlickStack and WordOps

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!