close

March 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

why did SlickStack blacklist Rank Math SEO

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Timothy

This plugin is not allowed right?

#3758 Reply
    Julie

It’s only the default blacklist you can customize if you like

https://github.com/littlebizzy/slickstack/blob/master/modules/wordpress/blacklist.txt

#3759 Reply
    Steven

Let’s see, take your pick:

– their code was stolen from Yoast SEO plugin
    – they pay dozens of shills to write fake 5-star reviews on WordPress.org and gaslight users on Reddit and Facebook groups
    – MyThemeShop locks customers out of their own WordPress theme settings panel if they don’t pay
    – they sent death threads to LittleBizzy

probably some other good reasons too

#3760 Reply
    Arthur

don’t forget the spyware embedded in their plugin too 😉

#3761 Reply
    Daniel

ah yes…

ransomware, spyware, shillware, copyright violations, consumer fraud, death threats, bloated af

#3762 Reply
    Harold

It’s ridiculous that people use SEO plugins at all, they are unnecessary for 90% of WordPress sites!!

#3763 Reply
    Albert

Rank Math is an abomination and a great example of how corrupt WordPress.org has become that it’s still listed, zero concerns with user safety.

the Indian Mafia SEO plugin 🚫

#3764 Reply
    Bruce

both Yoast and Rank Math are bloated, spammy, and dishonest.

Use SEOPress, Slim SEO, or SEO Framework if you want a good quality SEO plugin released by good honest guys.

#3765 Reply
    Shirley

It’s ridiculous that people use SEO plugins at all, they are unnecessary for 90% of WordPress sites!!

will you provide evidence for this claim?.

#3788 Reply
    Mark

hehe my evidence is 10 years of blogging and never using SEO plugins 😬

#3839 Reply
    Emma

Rank Math deserves to be blacklisted but so does Yoast imho

#3840 Reply
    Heather

Rank Math is a bloated POS that pays off dozens of bloggers and shills to gaslight people into thinking it’s useful.

https://www.nairaland.com/5751498/what-think-rank-math-plugin

#4071 Reply
    Karen

The fact that only 5% of the WordPress community is willing to call out these scammers with their fake reviews and junk software is pretty enlightening. You can safely ignore any future advice from a “marketing guru” after they endorsed junk like Rank Math!

The entire point of their big spam campaign was to get “Yoast vs Rank Math” phrase to be trending on Google. Well it worked, sadly.

#4072 Reply
    Jean
    #4098 Reply
    Janet

I guess Matt wants that India market share at any cost…

#4223 Reply
    Patricia

Quoting from @Jean Reddit post

No, avoid Mythemeshop’s stuff. These two posts correlate with my own findings when researching this plugin (I’m a SEO professional), so I’ll post them instead of spending the next 30 minutes trying to write something up.

https://www.littlebizzy.com/blog/rank-math-seo-fraud

https://www.seotipsit.com/rank-math-seo-plugin-negative-review-2019/

Many of the features they promise shouldn’t be in a plugin, and if they do manage to offer them (many features still don’t work) it will be a huge load on your server and site. Also many of the feature they offer are not easy data to get, so they’re either making them up based on easy to get Google data (which is heavily filtered), harvesting them illegally from one of the big data providers (which means they’ll continually have to play the IP blocking game), or actually paying to access the API’s from one of the big providers. This data won’t be cheap on this kind of level, so they need to fund it somehow, which means they’re likely data harvesting from sites and YOU are the product here, not the plugin.

I tend to give Yoast a really hard time, but their plugins and business practices look saintly compared to MyThemeShop.

#5299 Reply
    Mark

welp.

#5300 Reply
    Margaret
    #7493 Reply
    Ryan

some of my clients love Rank Math (and Yoast). they just can’t imagine not having all the little colorful messages everywhere. its a good business, selling this stuff to website owners who are pre-conditioned to pay money for SEO plugins already.

#8940 Reply
    Tyler

@Ryan its called making midwits feel smart, marketing 101

#8941 Reply
    Richard
    #8945 Reply
    Patricia

Everything LittleBizzy says comes true, they are just years ahead of everyone else, or maybe just some of the only honest ones in the WordPress “community”

#13281 Reply
    Michael

what does Litespeed have to do with Rank Math?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Reply #3839 in why did SlickStack blacklist Rank Math SEO

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!