close

March 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

will page builders & blocks kill classic WordPress themes?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marilyn

what do you guys think about this Fremius article

https://freemius.com/blog/full-site-editing-death-wordpress-themes/

#5449 Reply
    Gregory

quoting from the article

The Future of Traditional Themes and Templates
    From a commercial perspective, lean, design-focused themes will be less relevant/appealing because equivalent, more user-friendly solutions will flood the templates and page builder markets.

Furthermore, there will always be companies/agencies who will go for bespoke website solutions over the more generic options that page builders offer. Taking advancements into consideration, these agencies/companies will probably select templates over traditional WordPress themes and have bespoke functionality built for them.

#5450 Reply
    Gabriel

Personally I still can’t understand how anyone can navigate Gutenberg. It’s the shittiest UI and functionality I’ve seen on the web, worse than Weebly or Wix or really anything else and has not improved since launch.

#5452 Reply
    Abigail

The reviews never improve after years

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/gutenberg/reviews/

How is this the future lol

#5455 Reply
    Benjamin

well some people really believe in Gutenberg… that or its groupthink mentality. or being paid off by Matt M. to pretend to support it.

but does Elementor require Gutenberg??

#6166 Reply
    Brandon

What I know is that Automattic is not doing a good job at messaging. So many people think classic WP is going to die.

This is like when they said custom fields were going to disappear or whatever. Just constantly bad communication that confuses everyone!!!

#8276 Reply
    Natalie

but does Elementor require Gutenberg??

I also wondering this one.

#8277 Reply
    Rachel

Will Gutenberg kill off the Customizer and lightweight WP themes, or, will Gutenberg kill off the entire WordPress project lol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #5449 in will page builders & blocks kill classic WordPress themes?

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!