close

March 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

WordOps vs Webinoly vs SlickStack opinions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy

well I’m starting this thread because I came from here:

what is the main difference between SlickStack and WordOps

so what do you guys think?

when are you going to choose one or another

#4574 Reply
    Joseph

and why do many bloggers never mention about SlickStack when they are talking about some different DevOps script for WordPress.

ex.

#4575 Reply
    Betty

Actually, Mr. Alex / Ideaspot said he was going to make a SlickStack video so perhaps it’s still in the oven and not perfectly cooked yet 😀

#4576 Reply
    Thomas

Here are some good opinions:

Which Command Line Script is best for WordPress?

Mostly people complain about SlickStack because it supports only 1 single WordPress installation, although now it supports WP Multisite also. WordOps and Webinoly will both support multiple single site installations.

#4577 Reply
    Jeffrey

sorta just depends on which approach is easiest for you, or which script you like the best for even minor reasons like the CLI commands

sometimes its just political reasons and popularity contest

#4578 Reply
    Diana

political reasons and popularity contest

In the WordPress community!?!?!? NEVER.

#4581 Reply
    Austin

nope never 🤣

#4631 Reply
    Patrick

if you want to set-and-forget LEMP server for few years, Slickstack is better, because less potential attack vectors and less custom configuration to concern

#4632 Reply
    Richard
    #4896 Reply
    Alan

don’t Wordops and EasyEngine use Docker containers? and not Webinoly.

#5071 Reply
    Natalie

EasyEngine uses Docker, but WordOps and Webinoly (and SlickStack) do not. However WordOps does require Python, SlickStack is only Bash. I’m not sure but I believe Webinoly is also entirely Bash scripting too.

#5157 Reply
    Cheryl

I like how this page is #1 for “WordOps vs Webinoly”

impressive, Slickstack.

#5226 Reply
    Ann

Another blog who claims to be writing about free open source panels, but fails to mention Slickstack and also shilling his Cloudways affiliate links (they are not FREE mate)

Best free web hosting panels with quality features

he did mention Wordops and Webinoly but decided not to LINK to them.

#5227 Reply
    Hannah

lol…. never heard of JoshWP.

But what do you expect from a website with such strong moral tutorials like “How to monetize a Christian blog”

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/how-to-monetize-a-christian-blog-in-2022-joshwp–956733514564405994/

#5247 Reply
    Catherine

I swear if Jesus Christ was still alive these bloggers would be using affiliate links to sell forgiveness to their readers. 😑😑

#7460 Reply
    Betty

Webinoly supports basic PHP (not WordPress sites) and HTML sites. Does SlickStack support this, and if so, how to setup? thanks!

#8054 Reply
    Cynthia

HTML sites. Does SlickStack support this

yes, SlickStack supports HTML files and PHP files apart from WordPress. However there is no option to install “only HTML site” or “only PHP files site” it’s always going to install WordPress regardless (currently)

#8055 Reply
    Cynthia

If you want less attack vectors, use SlickStack. WordOps bundles a control panel, SlickStack is more bare bones.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Reply #4575 in WordOps vs Webinoly vs SlickStack opinions

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!