close

March 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

your experiences with Hostwinds cloud KVM servers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Janet

Hostwinds has tons of amazing reviews all over the place and they seem real, but I guess it’s mostly for their cPanel hosting.

#3116 Reply
    Kyle

I tried it, and was not impressed. Their billing absolutely sucks, you have to prepaid for the entire month so its not flexible about deploy/destroy like other modern clouds

Also their support is used to “stupid” cPanel customers, so they will treat you like an idiot even when you’re a sysadmin running cloud servers.

My site got 2-3 bullshit abuse complaints forwarded by Cloudflare (common story) and the automated abuse system at Hostwinds shut off my website every single time without any warning or discussing the complaints with me first… again, it’s setup for “dumb” users.

I think their business model is impossible to sustain, you can’t be focused on cPanel hosting and also run a KVM cloud.

#3117 Reply
    Jean

I think their business model is impossible to sustain, you can’t be focused on cPanel hosting and also run a KVM cloud.

maybe they should spin off a new brand for their cloud business?

#3118 Reply
    Mary

Cloudwinds

#3125 Reply
    Robert
    #3404 Reply
    Keith

maybe they should spin off a new brand for their cloud business?

THIS.

#3405 Reply
    Matthew

Hostwinds CEO seems pretty cool and very moderate guy, pro free speech from what I have observed about him but you can’t be shutting off cloud servers automatically just because some a*****e (competitor?) submitted abuse complaints to Cloudflare about your website!!!

#4438 Reply
    Sandra

Agreed

#4457 Reply
    Joshua

in other words their “relaxed” AUP which seems to support free speech and is not very strict is actually a bunch of bullshit?

#4623 Reply
    Julia

It’s glorified shared hosting, but if you have a basic site it’s fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Reply #3116 in your experiences with Hostwinds cloud KVM servers?

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!