close

April 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Runcloud vs Cloudways vs GridPane vs ServerPilot vs Ploi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Joyce

any others I’m forgetting lmao

What are these copycats platforms for WordPress shilled so much in Reddit and LET forums, I personally never tried any of them and don’t see the advantage compared with some open source and free script like SlickStack or WordOps

Natalie

Well they are shilling the s**t out of social media with fake comments pretending to be happy customers so what do you expect

Joseph

For that reason I will say Runcloud is better. At least they are not spamming the s**t out of social media and let their brand and software speak for itself. Well ServerPilot you can also say the same thing.

All others in this list are rather annoying

Jose

Remember when Cloudways got banned from Reddit for running a million sock puppets from India trying to gaslighting everyone. Yah no thanks for me.

Wayne
    Julia

Cloudways is ran by Indians and Eastern Europeans in Malta. Shady af

Joshua

What advantage do any of these paid platforms have over SlickStack? I’d be sincerely curious to know what developers think.

Wayne

What advantage do any of these paid platforms have

That assumes that users actually know. Which mostly they don’t. Many times just brand whores going along with what the Facebook Ads say.

Anyway perhaps some attraction to users who can’t use anything besides UI

Jacob

SpinupWP you also forgot

Danielle
    David

SpinupWP is definitely 10000x more honest than Cloudways.

Then again, so is your local drug dealer

Jesse

pppfffffffffffffffffffffffff 😂😂😂

Charles

We probably need a thread dedicated to just how bad Cloudways is. Seriously there are too many horror stories for this thread

Also, f**k DigitalOcean for buying out those scammers

Amy

I guess for users who can’t type:

wget -O ss slick.fyi/ss && bash ss
    Ethan

Some minor shilling is acceptable, everyone does it on Reddit. But hell, Cloudways and Rank Math are next level. Some of Indians just don’t know when to stop. (sorry but true)

Shirley

All these platforms succeed mostly for advanced WP users who don’t want shared hosting, but don’t want to pay for premium managed hosting either. But they want a UI and don’t want to mess with any shell commands.

So it’s nice for developers who know the industry a bit, but are focused on frontend dev and don’t want to expand their skillset into DevOps or SSH.

Ashley

don’t want to expand their skillset

reminds me of people who say they love camping, but sleep in these:

https://imgur.com/gallery/ncDQ6

Willie

lol not entirely wrong.

Helen
    Catherine

I never heard of Ploi or Gridpane b4 tbh

Christina

Cleavr and Moss.sh also Runcloud copycats, but I didn’t try either so nothing to share.

Anna

So perhaps a slightly different perspective to add to this thread, but I use Cloudways, and have been for about 5 years, and to be totally honest, it’s been quite good. I want to spend as little time as possible managing hosting, and to that end, it’s been great. Additionally, my monthly spend is high enough that they’ve given me “advanced support” for free, so they’ll fix broken websites and sort stuff they wouldn’t normally. I would probably say I’m a more advanced user, so I don’t open a lot of tickets, maybe one every few months, but it is good when I can’t be bothered dealing with something.

Now having said that, I am looking for an alternative (which led me to find this thread), as I’m moving more into the managed hosting space and trying to grow that part of my business.

I’ve tested Gridpane, Ploi, Cleavr, Runcloud in the past, unfortunately none of them quite had the features I wanted at the time (don’t get me started on Gridpane, what a nightmare).

I suspect (and someone please correct me if I’m wrong, I could very well be), that the tools mentioned in the original post are likely more suited for managing literally 100s or 1000s of sites (which is what I’m doing). I’m not sure Slickstack would be a drop in replacement for that role?

Eugene

annnnddddd the Cloudways shills have arrived.

Natalie

Perhaps you should educate yourself as to what a shill is. I’m certainly not suggesting Cloudways is better, or even very good for that matter, as I said, I’m looking for a replacement myself. I’m simply suggesting that everyone has different needs, and I don’t think the products mentioned in this post are aimed at the same audience Slickstack is. However, as I said in my other post, I could be wrong, and if I am, someone should correct me. I’d be absolutely delighted if I could use Slickstack to host and manage 600+ websites so I could move them off Cloudways.

Steven

I think Cipi is a Foss script like that, but never tried it cuz I don’t have 600 sites 😅

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!