close

April 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Oxygen Builder WordPress plugin, is it really that bad?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jean

why is it blocked in default blacklist, and what is it different from Elementor

Jason
    George

As I recall from seeing it a few years ago, it’s a way to pretty much convert your WordPress site to a fully javascript site like Ghost or something. But I had a few clients using it who had non-stop problems and conflicts.

Ashley

They also claim (recently?) to tightly integrate Advanced Custom Fields plugin. But just FYI Oxygen is not free / open source.

Megan

what is Ghost?

Ruth

Ghost is a CMS sort of like WordPress. They tried to recreate WordPress (allegedly) but using a JS framework instead of PHP, but it’s turned into more of a hosted service than an open source community over the years, for better or worse.

https://ghost.org/

Stephanie

yah idk why the Oxygen guys didn’t just join up with the Ghost project or something. Oxygen seems to hate the way WordPress functions and tries to overwrite it with their own JS functions, instead of playing nice with the native core PHP features IMO

Katherine

If you love JS but are forced to work with WordPress, you might love Oxygen Builder. For any normal WordPress users, it will likely cause confusion.

Mary

yah idk why the Oxygen guys didn’t just join up with the Ghost project

I think you guys answered your own question lol

Ghost is more like a private company now than a software project

Angela

lots of Reddit anons using Bricks builder instead now–

How do people feel about Oxygen Builder now?
    byu/Spaaze inWordPress

Hannah

tldr lots of rumors that Oxygen will be abandoned soon, since the dev is launching a new page builder instead called Breakdance.

Thomas

I guess LittleBizzy was right 🤷

Tyler

just came here to say Elementor is bloated af and no better than Oxygen if you are looking for lightweight WordPress designs and easy to maintain!

James
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!