close

May 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Is web design for the sake of web design dead now?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Thomas

I came across this interesting comment on a Reddit discussion where some web designers were trying to figure out how to find more clients because of the saturated market and price pressure going down and down.

Pretty much he is saying to add more value, sell something more than web design like for example more focused on conversions or solutions etc.

Comment
    byu/hariztek from discussion
    inEntrepreneur

thoughts??

Rachel

Take a look at all of web design. Tell me what do you see. Let’s take the concept of ‘responsive design.’ What exactly is the web design industry offering? That your web site will ‘show up’ …and, really that is it.

What is NOT being offered? That you’ll get one single solitary mobile customer out of it. Or sure, the implication is there. But there isn’t a markup monkey out there who will take responsibility for producing a sale. Take credit if that happens, most certainly. Dedicated responsibility, not on your life. “User” is a polite fiction in business use — a loophole to get out of promising a site owner a customer, slight-of-hand, a grift.

This has created a schism with business, but an opportunity for those willing to break industry ranks.

Let’s say I’m in the market for a web site. And I ask a markup monkey a question such as, “Should I use a carousel?” Most are going to reply “Sure, I don’t see why not.” And that is the tip of a very big iceberg of trouble — and the climate has changed.

This dude needs to write a book.

Kimberly

Wix, Weebly, Shopify, Squarespace and 1,000 other copycats now made web design easier and cheaper than ever… some more years, maybe WordPress will collapse.

Margaret

and what happens when AI and algorithms also had perfect templates for marketing strategy and product design for every business and solution.

soon, nothing has value lol

Elijah
    Emily

I think web design as a generic service will never be dead, but as boomers retire and young generations take over, they are more clever about marketing and online stuff and maybe not many people looking for “just web design”

You really have to find a niche.

Ralph

A good web design and development company will work closely with clients to understand their needs and goals, and then create a custom solution that meets those needs. They will use a variety of tools and technologies to create websites that are functional, scalable, and secure. https://bootcamp.uxdesign.cc/top-web-design-companies-c344356a61d

Joan

cool story bro

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!