close

April 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

coming from SpinupWP is SlickStack easy to learn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mason

You have been mentioned on some groups, I have previously used Runcloud and SpinupWP and looking to gain more control over deployment, but I’m worried about CLI

Virginia
    Karen

The CLI is nothing to fear, just remember that when you are using some UI that behind the scenes, similar “CLI” commands are running on your Linux servers anyways. So it’s more layers of stuff going on, if you are using SSH and running some basic shell commands it’s stripping all those other layers away and very simple and refreshing IMO

I think some people are scared to use CLI because they’re worried about destroying their server or something like that. But that’s why you use the shortcut commands provided by SlickStack (or other stack scripts) and keep backups handy. The only real way you can destroy your server is if you go crazy someday and delete all your backups and then run some stupid delete command like rm -rf

Justin
    Emma

pretty sure SpinupWP is just the same like Runcloud, Gridpane, many copycats

Janice

Yup that’s why it’s mostly UI vs CLI when users ask this question

Scott

In progress but some detailed comparison:

SlickStack Vs. SpinupWP (Alternative)

Jacqueline

Spinup WP is nothing like SlickStack. That is a private platform with UI, and Slickstack is open source project with no UI, it’s not the same

Scott

sorry but,, what is CLI mean

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!