close

April 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

DediPath abruptly shuts down, shocking customers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gary

Very sad, I thought they had so much potential to grow bigger. They seemed like they were getting better and better.

DediPath shutting down operations, immediately
    byu/jiru443 inselfhosted

Bryan

The comments on the Reddit thread are nuts

“I know for a fact they have known for at least since before the 14th as my other host mentioned having to find another datacenter due to risk of loss of access to machines so I would say my host likely knew before the 14th as they lined up new locations. So I would say it seems they pick and choose who they told ahead of time sadly.”

Jean

its weird cuz I had an account with them but my servers were no longer active, but I didn’t get the announcement email seems, but I got their follow up email only.

Melissa

wasn’t NordVPN like their biggest customer? what happens to NordVPN now

Roger

There must have been serious internal drama going on because they were sending sales and marketing offers less than 24 hours before the shut down announcement:

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/us-hosting-firm-dedipath-abruptly-ceases-operations-with-less-than-24-hours-notice-to-customers/

Terry

wasn’t NordVPN like their biggest customer? what happens to NordVPN now

Someone mentioned their proxy/VPN provider mentioned a lack of US nodes the day after Dedipath announcement, so maybe that was NordVPN. I’m sure they will find other options pretty quickly cuz I think they have multiple providers in US anyways.

Terry

VirMach is also leasing a lot of their stuff from Dedipath apparently

Jose

VirMarch, HostEONS, maybe other LET providers too not sure

Urgent: DediPath Is Closing Today (DediPool Confirmed)

Joyce

I just tested my NordVPN and seems fine today (Sept 3rd) for US locations, so maybe they transitioned pretty quickly idk

Paul

their execs seemed like emotionless right-wing investor bros

never heard or saw anything from them

Gabriel

another email from them today

Dear customers of Dedipath,

We are deeply saddened to have to close DediPath. We’ve cherished the opportunity to serve you throughout the years, and it’s been an incredible journey.

Unfortunately, we have encountered financial difficulties due to the impact of the pandemic and a challenging economic environment. We explored various options to keep Dedipath running, including selling the company while trying to work with vendors to avoid shutoff.

However, we received suspension notices from two vendors before finding a solution. We understand this short notice is disappointing, and we apologize for any inconvenience. We were able to work with the vendors to allow more time for Dedipath customers to retrieve your data and make alternative arrangements.

It is a sad moment for us, as we say goodbye to Dedipath in this unexpected way. We appreciate your support and trust throughout the years and are grateful for the opportunity to have served you.

To contact Flexential, please reach out to: REMOVED

Sincerely,
    DediPath team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!