close

May 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Elementor is a bloated mess that conflicts with WordPress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ralph

is it just me who thinks so?

I had a new client recently and their site is a basic design for a local business. I saw in their footer what looks like 4 columns of various WP widgets.

Guess what? it’s not.

The Widgets menu is entirely disabled. And, there is a Massive bloated Templates library from Elementor in its place.

THEY HAVE 71 FREAKIN TEMPLATES IN THERE. for a basic local business site lol

Then, something else called Elementor Theme Builder. In that library, another dozen parts of headers, footers, and archives, etc. And it has a totally different UI than the Templates section, which means even more learning is required.

Then you also have a new section Landing pages. Why is there Landing pages, separate from Templates, and separate from native WordPress pages?

What in the living hell is all this

Brenda

oh and don’t forget the other new section that is Kit Library

Matthew

and all these different sections and libraries are DIFFERENT from the actual Elementor settings menus, which is another dozen pages of stuff

Anthony

Yup Elementor has become insane. It’s not a WordPress page builder anymore its just “everything to everyone” and tries to take over your entire website.

Maybe they should acquire Wix.com and improve it instead? It doesn’t seem to really compliment the WordPress experience anymore.

Sara

I have used WP for over 10+ years, and I can’t understand how to use Elementor.

Raymond

came across this, which is spot on

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/terrible-buggy-bloated-worsening-with-time/

“Terrible, buggy, bloated page builder which will kill your page ranking. In a simple landing page you will end up with about 1500 DOM elements! But that is the least of your worries.”

Some of the other insults are probably overboard though. I mean, you are using a page builder plugin, so you better expect bugs and slow performance.

Donald

Every page builder plugin is destined to become a s**t show.

Barbara

hmm… what about Beaver Builder

Bobby

this is actually not a new opinion, many similar takes the past few years about Elementor.

James

The problem is my clients. Because so many clients love having DIY tools. They want to make some edits by themselves sometimes without knowing any code.

Susan
    Russell
    Madison

This is exactly why LittleBizzy released their free HoverCraft theme, for anyone tired of the bloated malware spamware crapware that WordPress has become in recent years, back to the basics with fast speed, secure and lightweight code.

==> https://slickstack.io/forum/topic/what-is-the-hovercraft-default-wordpress-theme-in-slickstack

Kayla
    Paul

Elementor is the least intuitive hot mess in the WordPress world, it has surpassed even WP Bakery and Jetpack in bloat and confusing features!!

Abigail
    Arthur

you are not wrong, OP…..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!