close

April 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Managing WooCommerce extensions is a total shitshow…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Dorothy

Matt Mullenweg has turned this once lightweight eCommerce plugin into a monstrosity with the WordPress.com / Jetpack SSO and the new REST API verification system of installing their add-ons, which never f*****g works properly, instead of just providing the plugins as a ZIP file along with a license key like EVERY SANE AGENCY DOES

Megan

why does this guy insist on destroying everything with Jetpack? its amazing.

Sara

WooCommerce is super bloated now.

Julie

Mullenweg couldn’t even organize a bookshelf if his life depended on it. The guy turns everything he touches into a neurotic, bloated pos

Emma
    Anthony

WooCommerce used to be the golden goose, the child with the most potential. Their team was also the most friendly and had incredible customer service.

Now it’s one of the worst run services inunder the Automattic umbrella

Ethan

A client told me last week he’s so tired of trying to figure out Woo problems he’s ready to move to Shopify, doesn’t even care about losing a huge % of sales. That’s how frustrated many long time Woo users are.

Joshua

Mullenweg is the Zuckerberg of FOSS

Robert
    Nathan

My Woo Subscriptions plugin expired a few years ago but was still working fine. Last week I decided to renew it during Black Friday sales.

First problem:

WooCommerce.com requires turning off Adblock extensions in order to login

Next problem:

WooCommerce.com requires WordPress.com to login, a website I never use and never want to use, and never will use, and despise.

Finally, I went to the My Subscriptions tab to find my expired Woo Subscriptions plugin. Because it had expired a few times over the years, it shows up in my dashboard as multiple products/subscriptions/memberships. Some of them are associated with my website domain, but others are not. Some of them have license keys visible, but others do not. How the f**k do I know which one to renew? Makes no sense.

So I chose one and renewed it. Now for some reason it asks me “is this for your site example.com or temp.example.com” (A staging site that I never activated this product on, so apparently their spyware picked it up).

Okay great, I’m ready to click update on the Woo Subscriptions plugin in my WP Admin panel… right??? right??? NOPE. Now my Woo Admin panel is still saying the license is expired, I mess around for a few hours and nothing happens. I try to disassociate all domains from my WooCommerce.com dashboard and try again… nope, still nothing.

AH no problem, I will use their “automatic!!” activate tool, which scans your website using the REST API…. NOPE. Another hour wasted, it fails every time.

Finally I have to disconnect my website from WooCommerce.com inside the WooCommerce dashboard Extensions tab, refresh a few times. Then, reconnect, and finally it discovers one of the versions of Woo Subscriptions on my customer account that has been renewed and decides its okay for me to now update the plugin to latest version.

So tell me:

WHO WANTS TO GO THROUGH THIS TROUBLE EVERY MONTH for Woo Extensions???

Sarah
    Billy
    Ralph

Automattic to sell Tumblr/WordPress user data to AI companies??

when is WooCommerce going to get in on this action??

Benjamin
    Ethan

They must be reading SLickstack forums, just got this email from Woo:

We’ll soon be changing the way in which you’ll access and manage updates for the themes and extensions you purchased via the Woo.com Marketplace. This email contains important information ahead of this change — we encourage you to review the following information and get in touch with us if you have any questions.
    In order to continue receiving feature and functionality updates to the extensions and themes you have a subscription for, you will need to install the Woo.com Update Manager extension. This change will come into effect with the release of WooCommerce version 8.8 scheduled for April 9, 2024.
    Why are we making this change?
    As part of our commitment to WordPress.org’s guidelines and providing the best-in-class tools for millions of Woo stores, we’re enhancing the way Woo Marketplace themes and extensions will be installed and updated.
    The new Woo.com Update Manager will allow you to update all of your themes and extensions in one convenient place, as well as provide you access to streamlined support. In the near future, we also plan on introducing new and exclusive features to this extension, which will improve your experience with WooCommerce further.
    What action is required?
    Right now, no action is required. We will notify you via email and within the WooCommerce dashboard when the Woo.com Update Manager is ready to be downloaded and installed. When it becomes available, it’s important that you install it as soon as possible in order to continue receiving critical updates and new features included with your subscription.
    In the meantime, if you have any questions, please respond to this email.
    Thanks,
    The Woo team

Natalie

Prediction: it will still suck, because it still relies on WP.com / Jetpack.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!