close

May 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

How do I disable SlickStack settings in the admin dashboard?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Peter

I just switched from LiteSpeed to Slickstack, and I couldn’t be happier. One thing that’s bothering me is that all these credentials are just visible in the admin dashboard. Is there any way I can remove them? (I know just applying best practices will keep me safe, but they just keep giving me anxiety)
    Thanks!

Michelle

I just switched from LiteSpeed to Slickstack

🥹🥹🥹🎉🎉🎉❤️❤️❤️

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore…

Doris

another angel just got his wings

Cheryl

@OP I think this was discussed last year in our Discord server, and we opted to not provide any settings to “hide” the pages in WP Admin dashboard to keep things more predictable and uniform in the same way as WordPress.

Marie

Scenario

Website owner: Hi, can you help me clean out my database? I’m using SlickStack so there’s no cpanel or anything like that.

Developer: Ah, sure. I can use the Adminer shortcut that SlickStack provides.

10 minutes later

Developer… hmm… I can’t find the Database page anywhere in your WP Admin, are you sure this is SlickStack?? maybe you were hacked….

Randy

What we had considered was some sort of ******* hidden passwords approach using jQuery or whatever maybe instead

Kyle

This is now improved, the SFTP and database passwords are both blurred out by default now in the SlickStack dashboard.

Simply click the “eye” visibility icon to toggle it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!