close

May 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

how to get GA4 working!? it always says incomplete wtf

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Albert

Every time I open this one GA property it has a warning at the top and says the GA4 conversion setup is not complete and links to the Setup Assistant.

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/#/a2346345745645/admin/setup-assistant/

Then it says 7/8 steps are completed. However THERE IS ONLY 7 STEPS LISTED.

What is the magic #8 step to get this mf working…

#24817 Reply
    Jean

To confirm that your property is fully set up as desired, configure the settings below and mark the items that are complete. Your smarter, more advanced data analysis awaits. Learn more about the Setup Assistant
    If you are new to Google Analytics, visit our training hub for videos, articles, and resources to get the most from your data. Learn more about Google Analytics

7 / 8 marked complete

#24818 Reply
    Victoria

Why even use GA anymore? I stopped using GA years ago, bloated hell code

#24819 Reply
    Jeffrey

Client requires it for Mediavine ads.

#24820 Reply
    Katherine

What is the magic #8 step

probably has to scan your face and check your skin color first. white dudes are no longer allowed to use Google Analytics sorry

#24823 Reply
    Sandra

I see at the top

This property’s setup is not complete. Settings may be completed for you based on your original Universal Analytics (UA) property, unless you opt out in the connected UA property.

#24824 Reply
    Ethan

Found this–

I’m at the 6 out of 7 tasks marked complete. I don’t understand how to finish set up. GA4 <---------
    byu/lgd4033guru inGoogleAnalytics

seems everyone has a different number of tasks to complete. what a shitshow.

but turning off your Adblock might reveal the missing step.

or, disabling the “automatically set up a basic Google Analytics 4 property” setting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: how to get GA4 working!? it always says incomplete wtf

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!