close

May 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

moved local biz client from Cloudways to SlickStack Vultr

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca

He was using Cloudways cache, Nitropack CDN, and another minify plugin on top of that. Pagespeed score 95 on mobile, he couldn’t understand why so many buggy behavior on his site if his scores were so high… and then I deleted all of it and moved him to SlickStack on Vultr $6/month AMD CPU server.

He can’t believe how well his site is working now, despite worse Pagespeed scores. I told him Pagespeed is misleading people into doing really ridiculous things!

Daniel

🤘🤘🤘

Louis

Pagespeed be like “combine your bloated WP site into a bunch of junk minify assets until it completely breaks your website and we will give you a 95 score!!”

“P.s. but only if you use AMP and WEBP images!!!”

Roger

LoL funny you say that because Pagespeed did actually show an error when calculating the Largest Contentful Paint, maybe from all the over-minifying crap??

Deborah

Nitropack + Nitropack CDN + minify plugins + Cloudways Varnish cache + Cloudways other caches + …………..

I mean, probably going to have some issues with that setup. But I tell everyone to disable Cloudways Varnish cache anyways, it’s not only Cloudways, its just Varnish is such a beast and guaranteed to cause WordPress conflicts.

Shirley

does Cloudways still use Varnish?

Jack

OP here. Direct quotes from my client after moving to SlickStack:

“Wow its running really quickly, very nice… it also feels smoother, like the scrolling”

“I ran google page speed insights – it got a worse rating, but its objectively running faster than it was before, great job”

“i cant stop browsing the site. so freakin fast and stable”

Bryan

THANKS FOR THE S****Y PAGESPEED SCORES 🤣🤣

Jeffrey

when your client finally realizes Pagespeed scores mean literally nothing

https://imgur.com/y3QF46f

Nancy

why he no post this on Capterra!??

ヽ(ಠ_ಠ)ノ

Gerald
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!