close

April 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Yoast Local SEO add-on plugin is such a joke!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James

It’s just a dozen fields with your business name, address, business hours, and contact info. Then you can “insert” this data into your contact page… that’s it. There’s nothing else that it does. And also this actually makes more work for you, and the format of the data you insert is nearly always looks horrible. Or it will generate duplicate data because it inserts the same exact HTML table in multiple places I have seen on some websites. Utterly pointless.

And that’s not all of it, Yoast Local will also not generate the proper LocalBusiness schema which is the entire point of local SEO schema!!

I tested this on Schema.org. Instead of LocalBusiness entity, it has WebPage entity generated by Yoast on every page, from the Yoast SEO parent plugin.

@type	
    WebPage
    Nathan

I saw a client who paid for the Yoast Local add-on, and then after their team realized it was pointless, they had to pay someone to generate the correct LocalBusiness schema manually and then are loading this using the Custom JS snippets plugin.

<script type="application/ld+json">
    {
      "@context": "https://schema.org",
      "@type": "LocalBusiness",

Laura
    Elijah
    Sophia

I’m pretty sure all of Yoast plugins are a hyped up sham.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!