close

April 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

absolute PITA trying to migrate from Siteground to SlickStack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nicole

I have tried a dozen times to generate backup files with All In One Migration but they are always corrupted, I can’t migrate to my new server. I also tried File Manager plugin to zip the files, but zipping always failed in SiteGround. I also tried to export the database in phpmyadmin but sql.zip also failed so now I’m trying to export the raw .sql dump which is taking forever. Any ideas?

Mark

Any ideas?

—–> don’t use Siteground 😉

Grace

I’m trying lol… but I literally can’t export my website.

Gary

I don’t know if Siteground provides a SFTP login but if they do, maybe try to download all your files that way, and then upload to your SlickStack cloud server?

Amy

I also keep seeing Please login through your SiteTools on the phpmyadmin and it kicks me out of the database export, like a timeout or something

Zachary

another high quality shared hosting company!

Ethan
    Sharon

I could finally export the MySQL database by using the Gzip export instead of Zip. Apparently Siteground doesn’t support zipping your database or files, wtf.

Mason
    Heather

>> Seems like Mullenweg actually did the right thing here

I mean, if you think Bluehost/EIG is a better option than Siteground, but they are all pretty s****y imo, just Matt giving preference to his investment partners

Probs WP Engine and Pressable gonna be there soon

Nancy

Siteground and Namecheap, two companies I never understood why their fanbase is so big and defending them so much.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!