close

April 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Changing domain of a 1 site multisite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ronald

I tried to change the domain of a multisite (1 site only so far) by changing the domain entries in ss-config and then re-running ss-install – following this thread:

How to properly change domain name in SlickStack

Then I got redirect errors. Cloudflare SSL is set to full.

Then I get:
    “ss-install: Please run ss-update-config and then run ss-install again… ”

Running “ss-update-config” returns “Running ss-update-config…
    ss-update-config: Your ss-config was successfully updated to latest version… ”

When I do “ss-install” I get the same “ss-install: Please run ss-update-config and then run ss-install again… ” error.

The only way to get out of this redirect issue is by putting comments around the multisite lines in wp-config, but obviously that disables the multisite.

Even deleting the ss-config file completely and recreating it using the interactive guide stil returns “ss-install: Please run ss-update-config and then run ss-install again… “.

What do I do wrong?

P.S. Let’s encrypt is being used. I know I’m supposed to use opensll for multisites but I can’t get ss-install to run which is the main problem.

Christina

Please consider sponsoring and joining our Discord server as this was discussed last night due to many updates being pushed 🙏🏻

David

ignore the cpanel stuff in this video, to change subsite from subdomain/subdir into the TLD type of subsite (full domain) check this video at 2:00:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!