close

May 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Hot take: Serverless is extremely overrated because…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alexander

This was getting popular some years ago in WordPress and it kind of fizzled out. I think because tech-savvy devs moved to non-WP solutions, JS, static etc. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t see much chat about WP serverless lately.

But now I’m coming across a lot of serverless sites more than before. And mostly they are static/JS frameworks and they look cool and feel cool. But then they do really goofy stuff like linking to their Shopify store (lol) and stuff like that.

What do you guys think?

Bruce

Serverless WordPress or Headless WordPress you mean

Lori

Isn’t it the same thing really?

Timothy

I think the insta-site static solutions (and sometimes free) using Cloudflare edges, Github Pages are interesting and will probably continue to attract the devs looking for cheap and fast loading micro sites.

But the mom-and-pop users always want to play around with UI. They simply can’t do that with static builders of any flavor really. Even if the final result is a static site it requires some type of WYSIWYG to attract the casual business users…

Frances

“Serverless” is a lie. It should be called “many more servers than just one”

Kathleen

Even if the final result is a static site it requires some type of WYSIWYG to attract the casual business users…

This is what the most successful WP products understand. WooCommerce, Jetpack, Elementor all the very bloated products that annoy web developers are “fun” for low-tech people

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!