close

May 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

WorldTrips travel insurance reviews for digital nomads?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jesse

these guys are advertising HARD to digital nomads and young people who are traveling or living abroad in other countries,

anybody nomads who have experience with this company?

(sorry if not allowed… no affiliation)

Willie

WorldTrips is the underwriter for SafetyWing. Both of them are absolute scams, do not waste your money on these services, paying out of pocket for reasonable medical costs is much better for most of digital nomads.

Gloria

oh s**t… thanks bro

yah I saw about SafetyWing too, but saw too many bad experiences. didn’t realize WorldTrips was the same people in fact lmao

Gary

SafetyWing is like SaaS marketing + affiliate program. They are not insurance people, and don’t care about your health or coverage. It’s simply a Clickback-esque marketing scam who shops around for like-minded (unethical) underwriters.

Do with this info what you choose!

Janice

https://www.yelp.com/biz/worldtrips-travel-insurance-carmel

103 reviews, and 102 are negative. One of the worst Yelp ratios in history lol

Nicholas

HOLY S**T LMAOOOO

Austin

+10000

Do not use WorldTrips. They are absolute criminals.

Aaron

I had World Trips when I traveled to Asia, they rejected my emergency room claim with absolutely bogus reasons after I waited nearly 1 year for a response from them. That was after I asked them a half dozen times any update also.

Theresa

Sometimes buying local insurance in your current country is better, many local insurance companies have some option for foreigners or expats fyi

Lisa

https://www.yelp.com/biz/worldtrips-travel-insurance-carmel

103 reviews, and 102 are negative. One of the worst Yelp ratios in history lol

Just… wow. Some of these stories, I want to cry.

An evil scam.
    I had an accident and had to go through a surgery.
    I carefully double checked beforehand that all is included in the policy, also through skype and chats with them. Then collected all the paperwork, as it isn’t my first private insurance company, and I’m experienced with claims and the necessary paperwork.

worldTrips / safetyWing had the most laborious process of submitting a claim I came across, and while the same type of documents and receipts always sufficed former insurance companies that I used, they stated that I lack information in my claim.

They kept me hanging with e-mails, and when finally I extracted some questionable description of how the documents I lack should look like (through a texting chat with a worker, otherwise this information is nowhere to be found), I found myself in the very uncomfortable position of requesting the involved clinics for imaginary documents that nobody ever provides.

I got so frustrated during this process, that I turned and researched thoroughly about worldTrips. Apparently they are a known scam. People report of never seeing money reimbursed, and their high ratings, which are the first results a google search will show you, are published by websites and bloggers that are being paid for it, and probably were never insured by this bogus company.

A horrible waste of my time, a large amount of my money, and a large portion of my willingness to trust.

etc etc etc etc

Ruth

Safetywing is even worse, because you contact them and they can’t answer anything for you at all because everything depends on WorldTrips in the end, but they advertising having all these “customer support” and whatever… really fake my bros.

Jesse

Bunch of criminals!!

Charlotte
    Diana

boys, many travel insurance is a scam, that’s why its so cheap. they think you are just showing it to immigration police, they never expect you to file medical claims.

its not real insurance. its just marketing fraud.

if you want real insurance, you need a real insurance company.

Lawrence

Another from that Yelp page:

“This company is a total SCAM. They won’t do any reimbursement. I broke my wrist on a trip six months ago, send all the documents and details and simply haven’t heard for them otherwise that they are “experiencing a big number of customers and there’s delays”, it was very easy to sign in, the customer service works when you want to open an account but after that, no help or information at all, is all SCAM.”

Just sad….

Jean

DO. NOT. BUY. SAFETYWING. OR. WORLD TRIPS!

Helen

more World Trips reviews

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/worldtrips.com

ignore the fake 5-star reviews they paid freelancers to write for them.

Frances

World Trips is just their latest name, the parent company Tokio Marine is from Japan and has been scamming American travels for 1-2 decades already, see their previous reviews on TMHCC-MIS Group.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.hccmis.com

Some of their many names:

Atlas International, Atlas Journey, Atlas Travel, HCC Atlas International, HCCMIS, HCCMIS Atlas, SafetyWing, TMHCC-MIS Group, Tokio Marine HCC, Tokio Marine Nichido, WorldTrips, WorldTrips Atlas Journey

Abigail

why don’t you “nomads” just Photoshop some insurance for immigration police, it’s probably worth more than WorldTrips policy anyway lmao

Alice
    Catherine

Safetywing sux balls

Jean

Long list of grifters and shills on their payroll:

https://hucksters.net/brand/worldtrips/

Eugene

this thread is now ranking well on Google, for World Trips related searches, mostly of results are paid reviews from Forbes and other magazines….

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!