close

May 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

Google is no longer indexing many blog posts anymore!?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca

since 2021-2022 some of my blog posts stopped being indexed, or even deindexed in some rare cases, and those of my clients

I was surprised I didn’t see many people talking about this. I hadn’t read up on much SEO news but I tried to find mentions about this, but all I could find is about E-E-A-T so I must assume this is related

Then I saw Hacker News mention about this and I was relieved because I thought I was alone and now everyone is finally talking about it… WTF!

Hannah
    Robert

Yah this issue has slowly been snowballing in some niche SEO communities, seems it’s starting to get more publicity lately.

Sean

Just saw this November 2022 story where Google mentioned briefly on Reddit that indexing has never been “Guaranteed”

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/googles-john-mueller-search-is-never-guaranteed/470388/

Somehow I missed that discussion I guess

Theresa

I think COVID pushed this policy into high gear, because of the “anti-disinformation” horseshit that the US government was pushing media companies to embrace. That’s my conclusion anyway.

It’s like Google merged their anti-conservative, anti-anti-vaxxer filters into the existing E-E-A-T algorithm bias and it kicked the censorship up like never before. It’s just incredible how many news websites don’t show up at all.

Ethan

Google: being evil is now okay!

Christina

This 2021 announcement where Google reminded everyone it could take “weeks!” for new content to be indexed was probably gaslighting, in hindsight. They were trying to ease webmasters into accepting their content no longer being indexed or ranked.

It can take hours to weeks for new content to be indexed, says Google

Christopher

why dont’ you just build your own Google and stop whining, plebs

Andrew

Since when did we vote Google execs into power to decide what information is considered important enough or accurate enough?

Juan

@Andrew, first time in Davos bruv?

Helen
    Joan

It’s new in the sense that otherwise quality content is no longer being indexed, and the old tricks (sitemap, GSC, linking from homepage) don’t help at all. It used to be that just very thin content and spam wasn’t indexed, now it’s professionally written articles that Google’s masters have decided they disagree with politically or stuff. Or straight up deindexing an entire domain, things that never happened in the past 2 decades…

Kathryn

oh? and who are Google’s masters lol

Anna
    Jordan

well, at least Google indexed this thread.

Jessica

How many times have Google executives lied under oath to U.S. Congress about not censoring ideas or websites they disagree with

Samantha

The grifter from DuckDuckGo is a scam artist. He built the entire business promising to not censor and now he’s censoring worse than Google already. Anything that ADL tells him to remove, he deindexes entire domains from DDG

David

Only high-quality bluepilled content is allowed. Everything else is antisemitic/transphobic/disinformation/extremism/terrorism

Gary

COVID made Google censorship 1000x worse.

Power grab buffet for ruling class assholes the world over……

Jesse
    Russell

it’s a mystery why Google doesn’t want to index things anymore!

wait, whats that u say, AI spam blogs???

ZipWP proves Adam and his fellow grifters have no bottom

Teresa

+1

the AI fad is already tiresome.

Amanda

I wonder why with the assholes destroying SERPs with junk automation content!!

Janet
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!