close

April 2024 only! Join our Discord free of charge.

Slick­Stack
Lightning-fast WordPress on Nginx

JS CSS Font Optimization

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Barbara

Hello Friends;
    I have affiliate web site and I’m having big time JS, CSS and Fonts render blocking resourced.
    I tried CloudFlare Rocket Loader, but it didn’t help. I’m familiar with the Bootstrap Frame work and Html where I could add defer, async attributes for JS files and pre-connect and preload attributes for CSS and Fonts. But I can’t find the files containing the directives so I could modify.
    I’m using Elementor Page Builder and Flatsome Theme.

Please help.

Thanks

Sarah

delete Elementor will fix 90% of code bloat 😆

Cynthia

@OP Bootstrap doesn’t really have anything to do with async or defer, you can do that with any WordPress framework or theme.

Cloudflare Rocket Loader only affects JS, any CSS you want to load inline depends on your WP theme or you can use a plugin to accomplish that like Autoptimize

Autoptimize

Brandon

Also IMO preconnect nad preload are a bit of a gimmick. Mostly that depends on browsers these days and it should be their job to decide those things.

Keith

Cloudflare Rocket Loader + Autoloader is a good combo

And don’t use more than a few Google Fonts. Hosting them locally is stupid, you can try Cloudflare APO to host Google Fonts on their CDN if you want, but again stupid. Google’s servers are plenty powerful enough, and if you are using a popular web font chances are that many users have it cached in their device browser already

Amanda
    Charlotte

Autoloader for CSS is NOT necessary if your WP theme loads the CSS inline already, to anyone reading this. Unless you are using bloated page builders, or other plugins loading tons of CSS files that you are trying to optimize.

Robert

if your WP theme loads the CSS inline

Is this common tho? me thinks not

Carolyn

HoverCraft, the default WP theme for SlickStack, loads all CSS inline by default.

Stop fixing your WordPress theme, and focus on your business.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for their support!